Enterprise & Creativity
Atkinson House School are currently revitalizing the Careers and Enterprise Programme. As a school we will establish a stable programme of careers education and guidance that will be known and understood by pupils, parents, teachers, governors and employers. Through our Career and Enterprise Programme all pupils will gain an understanding in the full range of learning opportunities that are available to them. This includes both academic and vocational routes and learning. We have a vast array of experience with our staff, who have had many years of work in industry, encompassing finance, construction, military, social care, catering and service management positions. Staff who can offer real life experience from real knowledge.
We aim to:
- provide every pupil, parent/carers, access to good-quality information about future study options and labour market opportunities. With the support of informed advisers, the pupils will be enabled to make best use of available information. Atkinson House School understands the importance of learning from career and labour market information.
- provide advice and support specifically tailored to the needs of each pupil. Our Schools careers programme will embed equality and diversity considerations throughout. We will work proactively with local authority and careers advisors around the careers guidance and progression of vulnerable and special educational needs and disability (SEND) pupils.
- link curriculum learning to careers. For instance, STEM subject teachers will highlight the relevance of STEM subjects for a wide range of future career paths.
- provide every pupil with opportunities to learn from employers about work, employment and the skills that are valued in the workplace. This will be achieved through activities including visiting speakers, mentoring and enterprise schemes.
- provide experiences of workplaces. We want every pupil to have first-hand experiences of the workplace through work visits, work shadowing and/or work experience to help their exploration of career opportunities, and expand their networks.